A growing habitat of writing, film/TV, poetry, nature, books, travel & more.
See the Menu tabs above and visitor hot springs below.
Live poetry (including mine), music, comedy, fiction and nonfiction performances at the Grand Showcase coming July 27-28.
Results of the poetic efforts previously described.
Exposing the soft underbelly of the poet and putting her Poetic Feet to the Fire
Every Friday for a while, this blog celebrated English phraseology in sets of 5, making 40 posts in all. Collected here exclusively are the 5 Five-Phrase Fridays about Outlander. Happy World Outlander Day (June 1) 2018!
Dip a toe or have a swim.
Arts & travel
Outlander STARZ TV series, Outlander book series
- Most popular in TV: Adapted Bawdy Lyrics from Season 1
- Most popular in books: Live Event with Diana Gabaldon
- I recommend: Sandringham in Outlander STARZ – Beyond Adaptation
Scotland because Outlander because . . . Scotland
- Most popular: An Outlander Tourist in Scotland series
- I recommend: Scotland Ventured, Scotland Gained
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland: The Complete Series
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland, Part 1 – introduction and Central Lowlands filming sites (Edinburgh and environs), featuring the STARZ show’s Fort William, Castle Leoch, Crainsmuir, 1940s/1960s Inverness, and Lallybroch
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland, Part 2 – Central Lowlands filming sites continued (Glasgow and environs), featuring the show’s L’Hôpital des Anges and the Bois du Boulogne of Paris, exterior for Culloden House, Outlander Studios in Cumbernauld (sets for most interiors), and some in the Southern Uplands such as Reverend Wakefield’s house and the Duke of Sandringham’s second home
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland, Part 3 – introduction to the Highlands plus Highland filming and book sites from Perthshire & Glencoe northward, including the show’s Craigh na Dun, the real Fort William, Loch Ness, landmarks of the Frasers of Lovat and the Mackenzies, and Culloden Battlefield
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland, Part 4 – our planning process and sample itineraries, all that went into making our trip great
Review: Slainte Scotland Outlander Tour + Outlander Tourism Resources – all about our Outlander day tour and all you need to plan your own, including a list of 40 book and filming sites used as of late 2017
An Outlander Tourist in Scotland, Part 6 – a comprehensive, experience-based travel guide to visiting Scotland and the UK
Arts & literature
- Most popular: Famous Poets’ Nature Poetry, 5: Of Mice, Men and Rabbie Burns
- I recommend: Famous Poets’ Nature Poetry series
Creativity, fiction, nonfiction, language, and the writing process
- Book reviews: classics, dogs, Outlander, and travel
- Creative inspiration, Artist encouragement
- Five-Phrase Fridays language collection
- On Process: Verse Writing series
- Original poetry and fiction
- Free speech and press
Wild (and not-so-wild) nature
- Backyard Brief series – field notes and photos from an armchair naturalist
- Charms and challenges in dogs and dog training
- Local color and adventures
- Wild Verses: Bits of Nature Poetry – a series sampling my original poems